OneStep is an app-based digital physical therapy platform that pairs expert physical therapists with clinical-grade motion-sensor technology to help people move their bodies with health, freedom and confidence. We are a fast-growing, well-funded startup company with the goal of using technology to help people get better, feel healthier, and improve their lives.
Above all – we want our people to be happy, feel challenged and grow professionally. Our willingness to do good is a major value both regarding our patients as well as our employees. We value personal responsibility and willingness to learn above everything else, and pride ourselves in developing every employee’s skills and dreams.
OneStep’s science is focused on transforming sensor signals into motion analysis, and in turn, monitoring and assessing patients' conditions over time. You are joining as a lead member of a research group that has created unique methods and algorithms that already shape our service. Still, many challenges are yet to be solved.
As a machine learning lead, you’ll have the following responsibilities:
- Design and develop novel machine learning algorithms in areas such as activity recognition, sensor position detection, motion standard characteristics (such as gait analysis), 3D skeleton kinematic’s reconstruction, and more.
- Improve existing algorithms in terms of accuracy, coherency, and robustness
- Improve testing, deployment, and monitoring processes
- Adapt standard machine learning methods to best exploit modern parallel environments (e.g. distributed clusters, multicore SMP, and GPU)
- Lead and supervise other team members
- Help recruit new researchers to the team
- Work closely with the CSO on defining the research roadmap.
• At least MSc. in Computer Science or similar field
• At least 5 years of industry experience or relevant academic research experience harnessing various sensors’ capabilities, preferably to a production-grade level.
• Experience in Deep Learning, and preferably in at least one of the following data domains: Inertial data, Speech or audio, Computer vision.
• Understanding and experience in the following concepts: embedding, GANs, recurrent neural networks.
• Experience in signal processing, DL for signal processing problems - advantage
• 3+ years experience with Python
• Experience working with TensorFlow and Keras, including experience with customizing API’s functionalities
• A self-learner, independent problem solver who thinks creatively
• Strong sense of responsibility and willingness to do good
• An effective team member, good communication skills, great interpersonal skills, and fun to work with!
The following are advantages:
• Additional experience as a software developer
• 2+ years of experience in managing other team members in a formal or informal capacity
• Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Electrical Engineering focused on Machine learning or related technical field
• Publication track record at conferences such as SIGGRAPH, CVPR, NIPS, ECCV, ICCV, ISMAR, ICML, etc
• Flexible hours
• Work from our Tel Aviv office